Monday, June 18, 2012

Autel MaxiDiag US703 Works with most cars, will work with Win7 in XP mode.

Autel MaxiDiag US703 Works with most cars, will work with Win7 in XP mode.
I bought this scanner to read SRS (air bag) codes on a GM truck. It worked perfect. I also have a pc based scan tool but I hate taking my laptop into the garage, to easy to get knocked over. I bought this tool to read extended diagnostic codes with out my laptop and it does this with most vehicles just fine. Just dont expect a $200 tool to work with all cars perfectly.

I wanted to comment on the Pc connection. The software will not install in Windows 7 by default, but you can get it to run in WinXP Mode. So if you have Win7 Ultimate or Professional you can download XP mode from Microsoft for free. If you are like me and have Home Premium, you can use VMWare Player which is also free. Once you install the software in XP mode or VMWare you can connect your scan tool and transfer files or print out recorded data.

Overall I am happy with the scan tool. It seems well made, the cable and obd connector are very well made. The screen on the tool is back light so you can use it at night or in a dimly lit garage. The case is nice and hold everything well. You can buy adapter cables on ebay so the tool can connect to other cars with software updates. It has allot of functions when compared to other tools in the same price range, most other $200 tools can not read SRS and ABS.

I have used this tool on the following cars with most with extended diagnostics:
1999 s-10
2002 Dodge Ram
2001 Pt Cruiser
1996 Crown Vic
2003 Mitsubishi Outlander
2002 Seabring

No comments:

Post a Comment